1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EIS AGM - Is it to late to table a vote of no confidence in the leadership?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by airy, Apr 29, 2011.

1. I know motions can still be amended...

2. holdingon

holdingon Occasional commenter

good idea

but i have just resigned my membership

would join again if the union represented me properly<strike> </strike>
    <strike></strike>
    <strike></strike>

3. I figure I've paid my subs up to August anyway...I'm torn between leaving and doing something to insist that the union listen to its members.

4. Probably possible... either by amending a motion that has already been accepted which could happen as there appeared to be a lot of duplication in the motions accepted OR there are probably special emergency motions that could be proposed under the right conditions...support of a certain amount of delegates. I don't know the ins and outs because I haven't been able to find the union's bye-laws.
    I also haven't been able to find out 1)whether and/or when delegates for Stirling have been selected 2) who the delegates are...etc..
    My area rep does not return inquiries or has been in hiding since voting opened on the revised ballot. I am more than disenchanted with how the EIS treats the membership; we're not minions, we're professionals.

5. I was struggling with that too.
    I'm fed up of being told to get involved and when I do then told that the opinions of the 50% of members who can't be bothered to log on/post a vote count more.

6. On the FB rejecteis wall there is an announcement by Andrew re: having a meeting today to organise within the EIS to sort out the people at the top. It's at 1:30pm.