1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EIGHT migrants have got into Europe with same papers as those found on stadium suicide bomber

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Le_Grinder, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Le_Grinder

Le_Grinder Occasional commenter

2. Primary_RE_teacher

Primary_RE_teacher Occasional commenter

What? Arrrrrrgggggghhhhh!:eek: Remember Primary_RE_teacher! Keep calm and carry on!

3. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

only 8? They're not trying hard enough

midnight_angel and sabrinakat like this.
  4. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

5. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

The full scale of the trade in false passports that allows terrorists to slip into Europe was exposed last night.

It lets Islamic State fanatics who are bent on murder pose as refugees fleeing war and persecution.

Eight migrants have reached Europe using documents almost identical to those carried by one of the Paris suicide bombers.

It had the same name, date of birth and place of birth. The only difference was the photograph. Serbian officials said as many as six other men this year had entered the EU with virtually identical passports.

So is the full extent of the trade in false passports these 14 cases?

midnight_angel and sabrinakat like this.
  6. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

Apparently, Italian i.d is frequently forged so we should probably be concerned about that, too

7. OnlyOneOpinion

OnlyOneOpinion Occasional commenter

That would be only 8 that we know of. Don't forget

In another indication of the lack of passport controls, the EU border agency Frontex revealed it does not have the equipment to assess the authenticity of identification documents of every migrant landing in Greece.

And

Despite promising to beef up Frontex’s presence on the islands, EU countries have provided the agency with less than half of the manpower it needs to properly operate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-stadium-suicide-bomber.html#ixzz3rqjaEU8z

8. OnlyOneOpinion

OnlyOneOpinion Occasional commenter

I don't believe it is but if it was do you think 14
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    entering Europe is ok?

9. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

I think the only thing to be surprised about here is that we haven't had more attacks all over the EU yet! Opening the borders and letting so many in was obviously going to make it easy for terrorists to enter and get into position. The level of stupidity in doing this is beyond my ability to comprehend!

10. HarbingerSwell

HarbingerSwell Occasional commenter

I think that applies to many people.

11. silvaran

silvaran Occasional commenter

No one really knows how many illegal immigrants enter the UK each year. 18,000?, 30,000?
    No one knows how many weapons and ammunition are being smuggled in either.
    What we have in Europe and the UK are criminal organisations who are not 'islamist' but are indigenous who are quite happy to sell weapons, provide transport and documentation to allow terrorists to move around easily.
    There is no honor amongst these criminals, they don't care who they trade with. It is estimated that there are 4 million automatic weapons in criminal hands in Europe much of it originating from the Balkans from the time of the Balkans conflicts 20 years ago.

12. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

It really shouldn't be a surprise at all considering that people have been travelling all over the world on faked passports ever since passports were invented

sabrinakat likes this.
  13. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Considering over 1 million are on the move.....

14. VanDerValk

VanDerValk Occasional commenter

It wouldn't be terror if they all acted at once, would it? They want to keep us worried and attack when and where we least expect it, over and over again. I'm sure there are plenty more in lace just waiting for that code word, or that pre-decided time and place. All we ever hear about these days is Islam, and it's all we will ever hear about for a great many years. Better get used to it. With the borders open it is now too late to do anything about it. Thank you Mrs Merkill.

15. VanDerValk

VanDerValk Occasional commenter

It wouldn't be terror if they all acted at once, would it? They want to keep us worried and attack when and where we least expect it, over and over again. I'm sure there are plenty more in lace just waiting for that code word, or that pre-decided time and place. All we ever hear about these days is Islam, and it's all we will ever hear about for a great many years. Better get used to it. With the borders open it is now too late to do anything about it. Thank you Mrs Merkill.