1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EFYS Coordinator Interview help

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Abijess23, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Abijess23

Abijess23 New commenter

Hi,
    I have an interview on Thursday for the EYFS Coordinator position at the school I've been working in for the past 5 years. I taught in FS for my first 2 years at the school but have been in Year 1 for the past 3 years so feeling a bit nervous about the changes in the curriculum since I left and just generally being a bit out of the loop!
    I've been asked (among other activities) to present for up to 5 mins on my vision for the FS at my school and I'd like any advice on what kinds of things I should mention/ consider. I have a few ideas as a lot of my supporting statement in my application was about what I believe is important to EYFS, but without just repeating that I'm not sure what I should focus on...
    Also, being a new potential middle leader, I'm a bit nervous about the kinds of questions I might be asked in the interview. Any hits/ tips greatly appreciated!
    Thanks xxx

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting that interview - they have already been impressed by your application.

I suggest that you read the document that I have attached for you - it's at the end.

Obviously, if you think about it, WE cannot say what YOUR vision will be! And anyway, things that are put on a public website could be seen by other candidates . . . so read and think about it for yourself, that would be best.

Here - it's the post by Nomad - is some advice in general about presentations, of all levels.

And here is the general interview advice section.

Interviews advice: I have included here links that may not be relevant to you, for the benefit of other posters.

3. Preparing for Interview I suggest that you read these in this order

Does calling for a reference mean that you've been shortlisted for interview? ***NEW ***

Help, I've got an interview! *** The basic advice ***

Teaching an observed lesson at interview

Using mind-mapping for interviews *** The best-loved advice ***

Tell us about yourself - dream or nightmare question? *** Read and note this ***

Daft Interview Questions

What shall I wear to the interview?

Interviews – making a positive first impression

How do you decide who to appoint?

What excuse can I give for going to interview?

Child Protection: the questions, NOT the answers

A typical Child Protection Policy

Two interviews and a dilemma

Interview feedback - they blamed my experience, but they knew that when they shortlisted me!

SLT interviews - possible questions

In-tray exercises. Deputy Head

Assistant Head interviews

General interview questions

Questions to ask at the end of your interview

On here we have a very nice tradition that when you actually get a job, you start a brand-new thread (not adding it to this one - a brand-new thread) where you tell us your good news. You call it Dear Theo - I got that job! and this gives everyone a chance to congratulate you. It also gives them hope and inspiration for their own jobseeking, to see you successful.

Make sure you congratulate someone when you see a thread like that!

So I will end by saying that we look forward to seeing your Dear Theo - I got that job!

Best wishes

Attached Files: