1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Effective whole school approach to spelling

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Carolyne740, Jul 10, 2014.

1. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

2. son1bun

son1bun New commenter

Hi, can i please request a copy as well. Thanks so much in advance.

son1bun@yahoo.co.uk

3. uppereastside

uppereastside New commenter

pretty please could I have a copy?

pombear25@yahoo.com

thanks!

4. rach1968

rach1968 New commenter

We've also found that tackling spelling is something we need to do! Please could you send me a copy many thanks. rachelle.poyntz@googlemail.com

5. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

...If your spelling resources are effective (I'm sure they are!!) you are going to have improved a LOT of children's spelling! I have messaged you my email adress if you could stand sending it one more time... Thank you

6. Can I jump on the bandwagon please? Our spelling across the whole school needs a refresh and always on the look out for ideas. Thanks in advance:

davenportmike1981@gmail.com

7. Hi

I would be really grateful if you would email it to me too!

kirstybrfc@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

8. popaws

popaws New commenter

Hi,

I'd be very grateful for a copy of your ideas too.

greenjoeuk@yahoo.com

This year we shifted from a typical weekly spellings/spelling bank-style strategy to a more analytical approach. We encouraged the kids to look for frequently occurring patterns and set lots of 'find ten words using the 'ered' spelling pattern.

Mixed results really, although I do think it's quite a useful approach. It'd be very interesting to see what's been effective in another school though.

Thanks

9. alwayslearning

alwayslearning New commenter

Hi

Could I please be cheeky and ask you to forward to me. We are really struggling with spelling.

Thanks poulsongreens@hotmail.co.uk

10. cozg

cozg New commenter

I'm another one- I am in charge of changing our spelling scheme- we are a tiny school with no money to buy one and I don't know where to start. If you could send me any details I would be really grateful-

cozg41@yahoo.co.uk

11. paulsara2

paulsara2 New commenter

Would also be grateful for a copy.

Thanks

paulgreenwood59"at"btinternet.com

12. Could I possibly jump in on this too please :) I know that you have had many requests here so I understand if the answer is no.

slkelley4@aol.com

13. Hi,

could I ask for a copy as well please. Would really appreciate it!

priya_bhoobun@yahoo.co.uk

14. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New commenter

Oh yes please... if that's okay?

Really, really appreciate it!

contactswilson@gmail.com

15. Could I please be cheeky and have a look too. We've tried a number of initiatives but spelling still remains a problem.

estellebranston@hotmail.com

16. Hi, just been looking at all the posts re. Spellings and was wondering if you could email me your resources too?! Sounds like lots of children will be improving next year!

rosemaryallen41@hotmail.com

Many, many thanks :)

17. sue_d

sue_d New commenter

Could I have a copy too please? Many thanks.

Sueduffy@orange.net

18. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

19. Hello! I'm sure you're probably fed up of people asking, but is there any chance I could get a copy of the resources too? My email is matt.edwards@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks in advance!

20. Hi sorry to add to your list even more. I would really appreciate it if you could email me the resources too. Thank you in advance.

lsbedford@hotmail.com

You're a star!