1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Effective questioning at Primary school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by samuelemsley, Mar 18, 2012.

1. I have recently been observed by my head teacher and as a result been advised that I need to improve my questioning. I have had a look at Blooms taxonomy to find ideas for questions that challenge the children but I wondered if anyone had any advice or can recommend a book etc.
    Thanks

2. I have recently been observed by my head teacher and as a result been advised that I need to improve my questioning. I have had a look at Blooms taxonomy to find ideas for questions that challenge the children but I wondered if anyone had any advice or can recommend a book etc.
    Thanks

3. In our school we have Teaching and Learning Communities and we met on the 12th March. Our focus for that meeting was effective questioning and dialogue in the classroom. There were some handouts that I put together and I can email these to you if you let me know your email address. We also watched some video clips from Teachers TV.

In what way did they say you need to improve your questioning? Types of questions you use? Time you give to pupils to respond?