1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

effective maths

Discussion in 'Primary' started by echp1, Oct 27, 2016.

1. echp1

echp1 New commenter

Hi our school has now subscribed to effective maths but I am really struggling! How do you plan? What planning do you use? What does it look like? Help please!!!!!!!!!!!

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I've not heard of it before, but have just had a look at the site and a nosy about.

It is a resource site, and looks great, but you'll need to use whatever planning you were using before and just nab the relevant resources from the site.

3. echp1

echp1 New commenter

We have had the training and apparently it is everything in there including planning but I can't see how! We were told everything would be in it but I don't know how!

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

From their site:

Effective Maths is not a scheme – ie we do not provide planning for every lesson.

However, we have developed a large number of lesson PowerPoints that are available to subscribers to download from the Members Only section of the website.