1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Effective' behaviour 2 learn strategies

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by Philly151, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi Tom,

I was wandering whether you help clarify something for me. I am reading a lot of academic texts at the moment regarding 'behaviour 2 learn' (formally behaviour for learning), and what I cannot get my head around is when people write about what is effective, but do not actually detail what they mean by the term 'effective'.
    If a school has adopted a behaviour 2 learn approach, is it regarded as effective if guidelines from their rules are met, or is it more general than this?
    How can we measure whether behaviour 2 learn methods are effective or not?

Many thanks

2. Hi Tom,

I was wandering whether you help clarify something for me. I am reading a lot of academic texts at the moment regarding 'behaviour 2 learn' (formally behaviour for learning), and what I cannot get my head around is when people write about what is effective, but do not actually detail what they mean by the term 'effective'.
    If a school has adopted a behaviour 2 learn approach, is it regarded as effective if guidelines from their rules are met, or is it more general than this?
    How can we measure whether behaviour 2 learn methods are effective or not?

Many thanks

3. p1j39

p1j39 New commenter

I have to admit I too am confused by the terms used. Surely if children behave in the classroom they can then learn so all behaviour management that lets teaching and learning go on is 'behaviour 2 learn' type stuff.