1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

eek ofsted!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by charlylou, Apr 20, 2012.

1. They arrive next week (I picture them on horseback wielding swords but I may be overreacting slightly)

Any tips of how to get through the next week? I'm an English NQT so I'm expecting to be observed a lot :(

Eek!

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

Plan your lessons, have good plenaries, differentiate appropriately, ask level related questions, make sure marking is up to date, keep it simple.

3. anonymousarty

anonymousarty New commenter

Make sure you have all your data on your students to hand. Give Ofsted a seating plan, your data, and your lesson plan.
    Plan your lesson well. Make sure your objectives are acheiveable for all your students - differeniate them as well as you lesson itself. Remember that there is nothing wrong with going off plan if a problem should arise or circumstances require. (I was judged outstanding on a lesson that I had to change as the students arrived, because they had all fallen out on the way to the lesson).
    Differentiate - and not just via outcome. Remember to have a couple of mini pleneries to help show progress. Keep your pace, but give the kids some thinking time.

Good luck! It may not feel it right now, but it's a strange kind of fun and a great learning experience.