1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Edward de Bono's thinking hats

Discussion in 'Music' started by linber, Apr 14, 2011.

1. linber

linber New commenter

Has anyone successfully implemented this idea in music lessons, perhaps in group work? If so, I'd appreciate any tips about how to use them.

2. linber

linber New commenter

Has anyone successfully implemented this idea in music lessons, perhaps in group work? If so, I'd appreciate any tips about how to use them.

3. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

I think the silence says everything we need to know here.

Lennox.

4. trelassick

trelassick New commenter

Saw you in quite a fetching trilby the other day though, Lennox.

5. LennoxBerkeley

Why, thankyou trelassick. Shame I was wearing nothing else.

6. We have got some stuff - eg. mini plenary / plenary questions you could use in powerpoint form. Also - self assessment sheets using them too which you can adapt for any topic
    Happy to email them to you if any use
    Sheena

7. linber

linber New commenter

Thanks Sheena, for the constructive response to my message. I have sent you my e-mail address on here.

8. tedtrumpet

tedtrumpet New commenter

I bought some hats from Amazon (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Henbrandt-Glitter-Hat-Bowler-Black/dp/B003080AE0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305281285&sr=8-2) and asked children to wear them when music was played (including for student performances). They only answer using the theme of their hat. Good for differentiation too as more advanced can wear blue, lower ability black etc...

Worked well
    Ted

9. LennoxBerkeley

And the really thick ones can wear a pointy one with dunce written on it. Very sensitive Ted.

Lennox

10. You have mail - hope it helps
    Sheena