1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Education's fitness in creating the future workforce

Discussion in 'Education news' started by dlyons24, Feb 11, 2020.

1. dlyons24

dlyons24 New commenter

Hi,

I am a student at the university of Lincoln and conducting my final year dissertation on the fitness of the current education system in preparing the future workforce.

If you can please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey it would really help with my study.

Please follow the link to participate:
    https://unioflincoln.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_72i749A52SipVuB

Thank you,
    David

2. WB

WB Lead commenter

Hi
    Just gave it a go.

I teach in a primary so not as relevant as secondary but still worthwhile to think about.

3. dlyons24

dlyons24 New commenter

Hi,
    Thank you. I completely understand and have the same views that it is much more relevant from secondary school and above but I had to include primary schools due to businesses asking for career ideas being introduced from such a young age.

Thank you for your time in completing the questionnaire. It is appreciated.

4. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

5. dlyons24

dlyons24 New commenter

6. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Is there any particular reason why the level options jump straight from secondary school to university, leaving out virtually the whole of the the FE sector -exactly where one might reasonably expect most preparation for employment to take place?

Not a criticism, just curious.

7. dlyons24

dlyons24 New commenter

Hi,

no particular reason just a wording issue on my end. I apologise. For the purpose of this study any teaching up to A-level (or equivalent) should be classed as 'secondary' any teaching of qualifications above a-level should be classed as 'university' even if at a FE institution.

Sorry for the confusion.

colpee likes this.
  8. tysonmaddocks

tysonmaddocks New commenter

Education is very important for the future workforce!