1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Educational visits in Manchester area

Discussion in 'Primary' started by diesalgirl150, May 3, 2011.

1. Bit of a long shot posting on here but I have an architectural design topic coming up in Summer 2 and need to plan an educational visit for my Y3/4 class. We are a school in Manchester so somewhere in surrounding area needed. Had planned to go to Urbis in city centre but when I rang up to book it I was told that Urbis was closed for the year to become the National Football museum (grrr football!)!
    Anyway am a bit stumped now so does anyone know of any places we could visit?

2. Bit of a long shot posting on here but I have an architectural design topic coming up in Summer 2 and need to plan an educational visit for my Y3/4 class. We are a school in Manchester so somewhere in surrounding area needed. Had planned to go to Urbis in city centre but when I rang up to book it I was told that Urbis was closed for the year to become the National Football museum (grrr football!)!
    Anyway am a bit stumped now so does anyone know of any places we could visit?

3. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Imperial War Museum? The Lowry?

4. bigpig

bigpig New commenter

Not sure of the topic but what about looking at architecture in the city centre? You could compare the new and the old buildings, how they've changed compared to the older ones? There's lots of nice ones to compare just in the Exchange Square/Triangle area.

5. That's pretty much what our topic is. Have got the planning sorted, just need to arrange a trip!
    Have looked at War Museum and the visits don't really fit...will give the Lowry a go though, thanks.