1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Educational visits co-ordinator

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by lilazd52, Sep 8, 2019.

1. lilazd52

lilazd52 New commenter

Hi
    I have recently been asked to take on the role of EVC for my school. I will be completing the training within the next month. Is anyone aware if this is a role which attracts TLR or will it impact upon my pay at all? It is a fairly big responsibility and I am unsure as to whether or not to ask for more money if I am expected to take it on. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I am currently on M1 as I have only just completed my NQT year.

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

First port of call is your school's pay policy. What does it say?

3. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

It’s very unlikely to attract a TLR. I’ve never known it in small or medium sized primary schools. It is one of the responsibilities, like subject leaderships, that gets shared out amongst staff. The important thing is that you get training and perhaps some time to help you fulfil the responsibility.

4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Why not ask the school?

5. lilazd52

lilazd52 New commenter

I wanted some helpful advice before I asked

6. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Senior commenter

We are secondary. In our school this role belongs to an assistant head. it is in a package with clubs, sports and careers. This makes up the whole of the assistant head role.

7. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

I can understand that, but, as has been pointed out, there is no standard for such things. So, the only way to get a definitive answer is to ask the school. However, on reflection, I don't think it meets the criteria for a TLR, so the answer is probably no. STPCD says of a TLR1 or 2 (TLR3 is for temporary, fixed term projects):

...the relevant body must be satisfied that the teacher’s duties include a significant responsibility that is not required of all classroom teachers and that:
    a) is focused on teaching and learning;
    b) requires the exercise of a teacher’s professional skills and judgement;
    c) requires the teacher to lead, manage and develop a subject or curriculum area; or to lead and manage pupil development across the curriculum;

d) has an impact on the educational progress of pupils other than the teacher’s assigned classes or groups of pupils; and
    e) involves leading, developing and enhancing the teaching practice of other staff.

I doubt if all of these apply to this particular role. However, it might be worth asking for time off timetable to do the job.