1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Educational songs

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Tony_Soprano, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Tony_Soprano

Tony_Soprano New commenter

Hi all,

A big passion of mine is writing educational songs for use in the classroom. Does anyone here like to use songs as a way of teaching facts or concepts? I have previously used 'Number Fun' as well as my own songs. If anyone else here is into using or writing songs for educational purposes, I'd love to hear from you. If you would like to hear some of the songs I've recorded in the last year, you can do so here for free. Would love to hear your thoughts about my work.

Cheers! :)

2. lukepeterwatson

lukepeterwatson New commenter

Hi Tony!

I'm a graduate in Music and Music Technology so recording songs is right up my street!

I'm really keen on using songs for rote learned number facts in Key Stage 1. So far my team and I have been scouring YouTube and using some really catchy videos/songs and our classes love them - I think the combination of music and visual is a really powerful medium. It'd be interesting to see if anyone around here has the skills to do both!

Love the Number Bond Zoo song!

Luke

3. Tony_Soprano

Tony_Soprano New commenter

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your kind words. Great to hear from a fellow music graduate especially one who is a primary teacher too. :)

To see more of my work with visuals including lyrics on screen, check out my website. I'm also available on YouTube under Songs for Teaching UK.