1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Educational philosophy on CV?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by marilyn2, Jan 8, 2019.

1. marilyn2

marilyn2 New commenter

Hi there,
    I was wondering if a brief section on educational philosophy is needed on a CV- does anyone out the recommend this or should I stay clear? I've received conflicting advice from my research. Also what does everyone think about including hobbies/ interests- is this relevant or waffle?

thank you in advance

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

1. Focus on your concrete accomplishments and experience.
    2. Steer clear of your preferred philosophy.
    3. Mention one or two hobbies only, and then briefly.

3. yasf

yasf Established commenter

Unless you are applying to IB / US schools, in which they will expect at least a paragraph on your philosophy.
    Only mention your hobbies if they are relevant to what you can offer the school, or are an intrinsic part of brand 'you' that you are selling.

4. marilyn2

marilyn2 New commenter

Thank you yasf and Vince_Ultram

I guess 2 cvs might be necessary, one with a brief philosophy for IB/US schools and one with interests for British curriculum schools.

5. ChaiLattePlease

ChaiLattePlease New commenter

I included a short paragraph on mine because I wouldn’t want to work anywhere where a) philosophy of education isn’t important and b) theirs didn’t align with mine.