1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Educational apps

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Dresifer, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Dresifer

Dresifer New commenter

Hello folks, please see post below from my brother (he posted it in the wrong place!). I've given him my thoughts but I suggested he post something here too.

Hi there,
    As a parent I was wondering if there are any web applications or iphone/ipad apps out there that teachers would recommend to help children with their numeracy and literacy skills?

So far I have only found basic apps that help with letter and number recognition and vocabulary, but nothing further.. Is it a good idea for children to learn in this way? Are there any apps that can accompany certain lessons in the early years? (Or even after, for that matter..)
    What would be the pitfalls of teaching my children with these apps? Presumably the minimum would be to try and coordinate with the teacher, but is there anything else?
    Thanks in advance for your help and thoughts,Blec

2. Dresifer

Dresifer New commenter

bump!! x