1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Education/Teaching Students needed for a Master's Dissertation Study

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by hannah_bloomfield, Jul 21, 2017.

1. hannah_bloomfield

hannah_bloomfield New commenter

Hi everyone! I am a postgraduate student looking for participants for my dissertation study. It involves finding reactions to anxious behaviours in the classroom.

I’m looking for anyone who is currently studying to become a teacher or anyone who has studied within the past year to participate.

You will be asked to read three situations where students display specific behaviours and then answer questions about what actions you would take regarding each child. There is also a mental health attitudes questionnaire afterwards. This should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

To participate you just need to follow this link:
    https://aruspsych.eu.qualtrics.com/…/form/SV_9T4ei20EJ1K5EO1

The study has received ethics approval by the Psychology Departmental Research Ethics Panel (DREP) and ratified by the Faculty Research Ethics Panel under the terms of Anglia Ruskin University’s Policy and Code of Practice for the Conduct of Research with Human Participants.

If you have any questions please contact me here or via email (Hannah.Bloomfield1@student.anglia.ac.uk). Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

2. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

How will you verify that respondents are who or what they say they are? If you can't do this simple verification then any responses you get are completely worthless. Stop opting for the easy and deeply flawed option and do your own legitimate research using reliable sources which I would have thought was a key requirement of master's level study. If I was your tutor and found you had gathered research this way I would fail you or chuck you off the course.

3. armandine2

armandine2 Occasional commenter

O.D.D.?

4. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Not ODD but justifiably annoyed by lazy 'researchers' who think that shoving a questionnaire on an open access forum which anyone can access is a legitimate form of academic research.

5. armandine2

armandine2 Occasional commenter

It is a completely legitimate form of academic research - even accounting for ODD responses!

6. Teacher-in-Training42

Teacher-in-Training42 New commenter

hi I contacted you becase I need some tips too x