1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Education Secretary Michael Gove says more male teachers are needed but are were put off by worries that teacher-pupil contact was a "legal minefield"

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by thrupp, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Good old Michael, did he used to be a daily mail journalist?

2. Good old Michael, did he used to be a daily mail journalist?

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

He's a complete and utter tosser. Each pronouncement that falls from his unattractive gob is more and more frightening.

4. I think he wants to see ex servicemen striding down school corridors- must give him a little thrill, all those tight buttocks & now I must stop...

5. If only I'd realised that I could have solved all my behaviour issues by booking myself in for a sex change operation... [​IMG]
    I saw one of last year's pupils today and asked her why she didn't mess about last year, even though I was only a woman...
    "No way Mrs D, you're well scary when people try it on..."
    On the other hand, maybe I'll see how the new bunch settle in before I book that appointment...!
    C x

6. How about some ex Firemen? Always causes a flutter of feathers when the red engine arrives!

7. greta444

greta444 New commenter

oooh.. yes please.

8. mickeyforpresident

mickeyforpresident New commenter

Very funny!!!!

9. A school full of Doug Digbys - nice. Remember him? Lord help us.

10. not so far removed from the male pe staff when I was a lad, Doug not as brutal though.....Latest Forces redundancies could mean ringfencing for all new teaching posts.....Stand by your beds! By the left......wait for it, wait for it.... quick write!

11. Mr. G interferes daily with education after promising less central control. This argument about male teachers being needed is so old now. A good teacher is an inspiration and support to a child regardless of gender. This won't solve societies ills. Kids need fathers whom they see regularly and adult parenting. Schools already give good structure and boundaries for behaviour as well as nurture. Mr.G would do well to talk to Teachers and schools who have turned Children's lives around with no resources and often no males in sight!

12. He also says "There is an ironclad link between illiteracy, crime, disruptiveness etc and instead of providing the tools needed to resolve illiteracy offers teachers more power to physically restrain children.

13. Of course, the riots are the schools fault, the cane/slipper/any thing close to hand is the answer, It never did the cabinet any harm, indeed I would not be suprised if some still enjoyed a bit of corporal.........
    Spare the rod suffer the riots............

14. Is there going to be a prize for employing a male Etonian teacher?

15. A visit from ofsted due to safeguarding issues!