1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Education run by fools!

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by historygrump, Nov 15, 2011.

1. historygrump

historygrump Lead commenter Forum guide

I was watching the debate on TV from the H of C looking at the amendments to the Education Bill (yes I have a very sad life), which as all but been approved. When it turned out in a discussion about the transfer of the GTC powers to the S of S and the dangers of such a transfer. It turned out that the Dept of Education had forgotten to include an amendment that they had to have a list of those who were qualified to teach.
    It took the Labour party to point out the mistake and then to get the dept of Education to ensure that they have a list. Who wants to lay bets that they totally bug ger it up and the list is wrong within six months?
    How can we trust them to fulfil the duties of the GTCE, when they cannot ensure that any schools do not use support to teach at present?

2. historygrump

historygrump Lead commenter Forum guide

I was watching the debate on TV from the H of C looking at the amendments to the Education Bill (yes I have a very sad life), which as all but been approved. When it turned out in a discussion about the transfer of the GTC powers to the S of S and the dangers of such a transfer. It turned out that the Dept of Education had forgotten to include an amendment that they had to have a list of those who were qualified to teach.
    It took the Labour party to point out the mistake and then to get the dept of Education to ensure that they have a list. Who wants to lay bets that they totally bug ger it up and the list is wrong within six months?
    How can we trust them to fulfil the duties of the GTCE, when they cannot ensure that any schools do not use support to teach at present?