1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Education , Inspiration, Fun for Everyone

Discussion in 'Primary' started by durgamata, May 24, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hello everyone,

I am offering some FREE WORKSHOPS until the end of term. These can be just RE, just Art or a combination. I have done some on a particular religion with stories and related art-work (see my resources) and I have also just put some resources on the story of The Good Samaritan with links to Youtube versions which you may find useful (in the recent Christianity file.)

If you would like something interesting and creative to liven up the last half of term do contact me with a pm. I have recently given RE days on aspects of Hinduism, Sikhism, and Islam,, also exploring What is Religion and The origins of religion. These were all combined RE and Art experience days One of the best days so far has been on the origins of religion when I worked with year 3 and reception children and we make cave paintings using natural materials. A great creative and messy experience using mud paint, sand paint, chalk paint, home made charcoal etc

I have a great activity in which we make Religious Identity Passports with Year 5 or 7 exploring ideas about and attitudes to God and thinking about our culture and religious heritage and ancestors beliefs as well as our own.

While I am gaining experience to make my workshops great, all you need to pay is my expenses so give me a pm if you are interested.

You can see more from My Resources and website www.bluelotus.co and my youtube account - http://www.youtube.com/user/durgamata4?feature=mhee

I also have a Slideshare site with a slideshow on what religion means which is built around the contributions of a year 1 class I was working with see .http://www.slideshare.net/durgamata1

The 'message' of my business - Blue Lotus Enterprises - is

Education , Inspiration, Fun for Everyone and the aims are to increase understanding of difference, harmony and peace