1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Education games company recognised at White House Science Fair

Discussion in 'Education news' started by kuatostudios, Apr 14, 2016.

1. kuatostudios

kuatostudios New commenter

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  2. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

I can remember the computer coding craze from the early 80s when we spent hours programming our ZX 80s and 81s, Sinclair spectrums and BBC micros to produce pretty c**p programmes. It was a relief when the PC came along with professionally written programs with user interfaces you could use intuitively. For most of us the PC is an indispensable tool that we would struggle to manage without but as for writing your own programmes when there are so my apps out there that cover virtually anything you would ever want to do? No chance. Of course we will always need people to write computer code but we have no shortage of students on these university courses anyway. Let's focus on using IT skilfully and effectively rather than be dragged along by the latest coding fad. Most of us drive cars but we don't need to be skilled mechanics to do it.

stupot101 likes this.
  3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I've reported this thread as advertising.

lanokia and wanet like this.