1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Editing the WIKI dyslexia article

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by dolfrog, Jun 23, 2009.

1. dolfrog

dolfrog New commenter

It is pointless tryingto maintain a Wi,i article when so many insisr on moving away from the Research based evidence.
    I gave up on the wiki wars around the Dyslexia articce back in August. Some poor mis guided individual even tried to use the Rose dyslexia review as having some research basis when it astually a political botch which is a Rose speciality.
    Since leaving Wiki to its own divices I have been developing my online research papers collections, expecially my PubMed Dyslexia research paper collections. Unfortunately the UK dyslexia industry hasto datre successfully concealed most of the last decades research advances inorder to maintain the maketing of their books, support programs, and even teaching methods. And dyslexics are the ones who suffer, due this well co-ordinated campaign of miss information.
    So to redress the ballance in favour of dyslexics, the paeretns of dyslexic children and their families. I have collating and publicing my Dyslexia Research paper collections, which are all now accessable via the online Delicious bookmark facility. So that anyone online can access them.
    PubMed is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that
    includes over 18 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science
    journals for biomedical articles back to the 1950s. PubMed includes
    links to full text articles and other related resources.

All of Dolfrog's PubMed Research Paper collections
    Dolfrog's 18 PubMed Dyslexia Research paper collections
    Dolfrog's 15 PubMed Dyslexia and Cognitive Neurology, Neurobiology research paper collections

I never make any claims, I only relay the pisition scietific research, my understanding of it.
    With these Research paer collections it noe much easier for me and many other parents to let the scientific research do the talking for us to expose the ignorance of so many who claim to be experts in the foeld of SEN, when so many are only trying to conceal their ignorance, as was ably hightlighted by the Bercow Review.

2. dolfrog

dolfrog New commenter

Hi Orchid_Meadow

I would love to have your comments on the following research paper collections
    Dyslexia and Cognitive Neurology, Neurobiology 2009 currently 30 research papers
    Dyslexia and Cognitive Neurology, Neurobiology 2008 currently 44 research papers
    Dyslexia and Genetic Research curently 55 research papers
    Obviously there are a lot more but it will do for a start.

3. I think if you did a bit more research you would find out conclusivley that Dyslexia is in fact a spectrum memory function disability therefore does not always affect reading or writing in some individuals. Pedantry over the term dyslexia as reffering only to reading means that in fact we should be speaking Greek in your book.

4. Who are you addressing this to? Who has to do some more research?
    Nothing there about it not affecting reading or writing.