1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Editing Live Resources

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by historyexcel, Jun 2, 2020.

1. historyexcel

historyexcel New commenter

I am probalby being thick, but whenever I edit a live (for sale) resource it always treats it as a new upload. I simply want to change the preview images and save it. Is this 1) not possible 2) possible but this is a bug or 3) really simple and I just seem to have not noticed all the support for this process. I would really appreciate a little guidance from those in the know.

2. kghaye

kghaye New commenter

You're not going nuts, as far as I'm aware and have been told, it does treat it as a new upload! I revamped all my resources recently and it took ages because I had to go through all the steps again for each one. It made me focus more on what I'd originally put on there but I'm surprised it's not a simpler process.

historyexcel likes this.
  3. historyexcel

historyexcel New commenter

Many thanks for this. You are definitely right, but strangely there was a bug too. When I was doing this as outlined above, and completed the edit it set up a new resource and so I had duplicates of everything every time I edited a resource. Not good. Today though it goes through the whole editing process as you say for some reason, but at the end it actually updates the resource and does not create duplicates. Strange. I do agree the editing process could be much simpler.