1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edit button??

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Tigsy, Jun 6, 2010.

1. On forums i have visited in the past there has been an option to edit posts - ammend spelling, correct a sentence, add bits, or even delete a post that I have written. I dont seem to find that option here.
    Could this option be considered please? many thanks :)

2. On forums i have visited in the past there has been an option to edit posts - ammend spelling, correct a sentence, add bits, or even delete a post that I have written. I dont seem to find that option here.
    Could this option be considered please? many thanks :)

3. Hi
    I am pleased to let you know that we have been trialling timed post edits for two weeks in Personal and have just introduced it into Opinion. There have been no reported problems with the function to edit posts within 2 minutes and will roll it out to the other forums in due course.
    The purpose of timed editing in our forums is to give our members the opportunity to correct any mistakes after posting.
    Ignore the 'Edit Notes' field. The 'Current Edit Notes' box tells admin whether and when a post has been edited. After 2 minutes, the edit button should disappear once the screen is refreshed.
    If it's too late and you need us to edit a post for you, drop us a line at Internet_Editor@tes.co.uk with a link to the thread and post number along with the change you require and we'll change it for you.