1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edinburgh Fringe

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Dec 7, 2018.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We're thinking of having a few days here next August. We want to stay in the centre but the hotels double their prices. I think it's still worth it as waiting for a bus is not my idea of a fun way of ending an evening. We ( six of us) are having a meeting to sort it out tonight. Booking.com really make it look as though they are on the brink of selling out of rooms already. I think this is hype although I know accommodation does fill up early, but this early? if you've ever gone what do you recommend. We have been a few times before and stayed in a gorgeous b and b in the New Town but that was years ago and she's not there any more. Your thoughts welcome as always.

2. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Check out Air BnB

3. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Is "Edinburgh Fringe" a haircut for Scottish people?

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Go to one of the many Travelodges.

5. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

I last went a few years ago, and we rented a flat in the centre. We did book it a full year in advance though.

6. colpee

colpee Star commenter

7. colpee

colpee Star commenter

They might be as they usually contract a set number from hotel chains - it is not a true reflection of availability though. Look at premier inns on their site - we have stayed in tge Princess St one a few times and it is pretty good. Travel Lodge too as someone said

8. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

And always book direct with the hotel for the best deal.

9. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We went for the Queen Street travel lodge in the end. it would have been nice to be somewhere a bit posher but it means we'll all feel better about spending money on food and entertainment. We also want to go through to Dundee to see the V and A. We're flying up.
    So that's sorted woohoo!

(The hotels seemed to be quoting the same rates direct as through booking.com)

Thanks for the input as always.:):):):):):)