1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edge Hill primary interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by trina9990, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hi, I have an interview at Edge Hill next Wednesday and I'm desperately trying to prepare for it. Has anyone already had an interview and could offer any advice? I've been trying to revise the national curriculum but I'm not sure in how much detail I should look at it. I've also been trying to follow educational issues, but so much of it is just about the cuts. Is there anything relevant other than phonics in key stage 1 that people think is important?

really, really nervous so would really appreciate any advice about any of it, particularly from people who have had an interview. Thanks!

2. Hi, I have an interview at Edge Hill next Wednesday and I'm desperately trying to prepare for it. Has anyone already had an interview and could offer any advice? I've been trying to revise the national curriculum but I'm not sure in how much detail I should look at it. I've also been trying to follow educational issues, but so much of it is just about the cuts. Is there anything relevant other than phonics in key stage 1 that people think is important?

really, really nervous so would really appreciate any advice about any of it, particularly from people who have had an interview. Thanks!

3. Hiya, congrats on the interview!

I had mine a few weeks ago, and I too was really nervous. Unfortunately my nerves must have got the better of me, as I was unsuccessful, but I still want to give advice, as I think every little helps.

Also, the course leader is really nice and that helps :)

I looked at issues such as phonics as well, and changes to the curriculum. But its hard to give advice for this, as anything could come up, sorry I cant help on what topic is best to revise. I dont think you need to know specifics about the curriculum.

You have 20 mins to write about one topic, and there is only one question (for some reason, I was expecting a choice, so was a bit surpirsed)- but with plenty of preparation, you should be fine!
    I looked at the department for education website, going back a couple of months, or anything that will come in to force and affect the years of our training. Also the TES and Guardian and BBC, just to get a wide variety of info.

Then we had the multiple choice questions, definitely revise lots for those!
    The group task was not as daunting as I had thought, which was good because I was nervous for that too. But again, I imagine these things change with each interview (because applicants share information, like this forum).

Finally, the personal interview at the end is quite short and the interviewers try to make you feel relaxed, which is good.

It sounds like a cliche- but I found it to be an exhausting day, so be prepared.

Hope at least some of this has helped. Its comforting to talk to everyone when you get there, as everyone is in the same shoes!

good luck, let us know how it goes

4. Hi Trina,
    How did it go? I have mine in a few weeks im so confused and nervous so much to prepare for and dont know where to start!
    Were the multiple choice questions in detail or was it as simple as selecting and answer? And what was the educational issue they asked you to write about?
    Your help will be really appreciated :)

5. Kyler S thank you so much for your advice, hopefully it will all be useful! My interview is tomorrow, I will try and remember to let you know what it's like. Good luck for yours, Mumtaaz! xx

6. Happy to help, these forums are very useful!
    How did it go?