1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edge Hill Business Education PGCE interview no reply..

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by ash789, Jan 25, 2012.

1. I had my interview last week on 16th January.. it went fantastic... had a group discussion which went well.. and then a presentation which also went well.. and then it was the interview... got asked the normal things like why do you want to become a teacher, what qualities do you have, about my experience which i think i did excellent in but then i messed up on the subject knowledge questions... they asked me 3.. 1 i didnt answer and the other 2 i answered but messed up by saying my minds gone blank after i answered them ( so stupid of me).. and now am soooo scared that i might not get in.. they said we will hear from them in about 10 days so still waiting.. but wanted to ask if anyone got in with messing up on the subject knowledge questions in the past... i did suberb on everything else... just want to know if subject knowledge is important as i can learn that but having a passion for teaching cant be learnt which i had and showed them through my answers... any opinions on if you think i have a chance??? or anyone that has got in before with messing up on the subject knowledge questions??? Will be great help as i am really scared... Thank Youuuuu

2. I had my interview last week on 16th January.. it went fantastic... had a group discussion which went well.. and then a presentation which also went well.. and then it was the interview... got asked the normal things like why do you want to become a teacher, what qualities do you have, about my experience which i think i did excellent in but then i messed up on the subject knowledge questions... they asked me 3.. 1 i didnt answer and the other 2 i answered but messed up by saying my minds gone blank after i answered them ( so stupid of me).. and now am soooo scared that i might not get in.. they said we will hear from them in about 10 days so still waiting.. but wanted to ask if anyone got in with messing up on the subject knowledge questions in the past... i did suberb on everything else... just want to know if subject knowledge is important as i can learn that but having a passion for teaching cant be learnt which i had and showed them through my answers... any opinions on if you think i have a chance??? or anyone that has got in before with messing up on the subject knowledge questions??? Will be great help as i am really scared... Thank Youuuuu

3. Hi
    My boyfriend had an interview for the same course at edge hill on the same date and time. I'm probably more stressed than him because I really want him to get it! He's not heard back yet and it's been 20 days? Have u heard anything?

4. Hi, i had mine in the morning at 9.00am on 16th january.. i checked my gttr today to find the decision has changed to STOP. i contacted Edge Hill and got told that they need more to consider my application therefore have changed my status to STOP as after 28 days GTTR automatically changes it to unsuccesfull and sends your application to your second choice so to prevent this they have put a stop on my application.. the wait is killing me.. what time was your boyfriends interview and has he still not heard anything??

5. Hi, his interview was same time. He rang them and they said the same thing, they need more time to consider his application. But I think maybe they are doing that because the government have allocated them a number of places, but maybe because they interviewed a lot of good potential candiates, perhaps they are trying to find out if they can have more places? I don't know. It's really frustrating! Im a teacher myself, but primary, but when I applied it was much more straightforward that this!? And i was given a straightforward decision 3 weeks after my interview!? And its hard because we are worried his other choices will fill up in the meantime!!! He said he's going to ring them again maybe a week on Monday to see how much longer they will need. Fingers crossed!! Hope you two both get a place! x

6. I've checked on facebook, there is an edge hill thread/forum. Two guys on that were accepted by Edge hill for Business pgce 2012 on 7th February. So im guessing they must have had the earlier interview in december? Because my bf was supposed to be on that interview (5th december 2011) but he was unwell so they changed it to 16th January. So those two guys have ONLY just heard back from edge hill a few weeks ago!? Which means they were waiting 9 weeks in total.

7. hi, i have my interview there next week and am really nervous? any advice for the presentation? it just said an area or skill of expertise???? please help!!!

8. oh right i think i remember who your boyfriend is. i cant remember his name he was saying he had an interview in december but changed the date. we had our interview together as they interviewed 3 of us together so it was me, ur boyfriend and another guy. has he had a stop on his gttr as well? i remember talking to your bf and we shocked as there are only 13 places available

9. hi a-hutch, the presentation is very straight forward.. nothing to worry about at all. just pick a topic your good at it can be anything and present it as if your teaching a lesson. make sure your in the 5 minute limit...

10. khadija isit possible you can provide me with the link on facebook where this forum is. im soooo scared after you've said this

11. NOW that has scared the hell out of me. I've commented under the post as i think i remember who Matthew is.. hope they get back to us soon.. Has your bf had a stop on his GTTR or is the decision still at interview..

12. Yeah he has a stop on gttr too. I think its REALLY unfair that the uni is telling some people and not others. He's going to phone them up and say he's heard some people who were interviewed on the same day have been given a decision and why has he not? It's unfair that you are all waiting and for what? Just to be dissapointed? It's not on!!! Because at the end of the day, other places are being filled up - so you need to know so you can move onto you're next choice!!! You should phone them up too. I'll check what you said on facebook.

13. And the thing is if you ring them and edge hill say we still need to consider your application you should say well no, u dont need more time, because you have already offered people places who were on the same interview? So pleanty of consideration has been given already. They are delaying people moving onto their next choice.

14. Your right i think its unfair too. We have been waiting for 5 weeks now whereas them two guys that were interviewd with us heard back after 3 weeks how unfair is that. If at the end thier decision is a no it will be so late and our other choices might not even offer us an interview. I shall be ringing them on Monday to ask the same thing.

15. It's because they work on a tier system (kinda)
    Sorry, I havent applied for Edge Hill but the same sort of thing happened to me, and I got a place!
    They tell people who are BRILLIANT and tick all the boxes, and people who they DEFINITELY arent looking at first. (So they give out definate yes's and def no's)
    Then they look at others and match them up with how many more they have to interview and if they get anymore allocations.
    People who interviewed the same day as me got their decisions WAY before me (unsuccessful and successful), and I didn't get mine til 2 weeks later, and I got a conditional offer!!! And it was all because they were reviewing applications.
    So khadijah1, they can say they need more time to consider you depending on how many they have left to interview/allocations... if they are considering you it's a good thing, honestly! And yeah, I agree with you that it's unfair because it prevents you moving onto your next choice, but you can always withdraw if you think its taking that long. All the people who were waiting for longer on the course I applied for all got places! So take your 'still need more time to consider you' as a VERY positive thing! :)

16. Hi djaye14, so they have already rejected some people too?? i am annoyed as i havent heard of anyone to be rejected its like they have put everyone on a maybe list who havent been successful. im just scared that they might take soooo long and at the end say no

17. Hi ash,
    Yeah, possibly. I was speaking to some people who interviewed the day before/after I got interviewed that they had recieved a decision saying, "unsuccessful". This was about 2 weeks after. There were also some others who recieved offers around my interview date the next day! I was getting SO SO frustrated coz I still hadn't heard anything, luckily a few days later I found some other applicants on here who were in the same situation! But, hey, presto, on Thursday I got an offer! Was DEAD chuffed! I also contacted the uni beforehand when I found out people were getting decisions, and they told me they were still considering me and that I wasnt a def yes or a def no, and I was expecting the worst! I got rejected at interview by my first choice (UEA) and I found out I got an unsuccessful decision 4 days after. Honestly, they dont hang about if you arent what they're looking for! I mean, would you?! :p
    They won't put everyone on a maybe list - they may still be interviewing and have to make it fair for other applicants. Also allocations may be sketchy.
    I'm not gonna sit here and say they are definitely gonna say yes at the end of your long wait (I dont know how Edge Hill works!) but honestly, they are consdering you, you are a desirable candidate, they just have to weigh up others too. They only get a certain amount of places and they have to choose wisely. It's all a risk game and it's very unfair, hopefully they will change it soon!
    Give them a ring and they might give you more info - it won't hurt! But if they are anything like when I rung my uni (ARU), they didnt give much away :( You just have to sit tight and wait.
    Best of luck to you, though!

18. Oh and please don't worry that you're on stop! I was on stop too.
    See, your situation is getting more and more like mine!!
    I think you'll be fine!

19. I guess your right with where you say they dont hang about if you arent what they're looking for. I'll just wait and hope they get back to me soon. Thank You very much for the info just a quick question.. After how many weeks did you get your offer??

20. Exactly 4 weeks!!! Interviewed Thursday 19th January and got an offer this Thursday (16th feb)... someone else I spoke to interviewed in November 2011 and only JUST got a place! She was waiting ages!!!! Bear in mind I am not at Edge Hill though, so times may vary! :p
    They told me at my interview I would only be waiting 2 weeks, and I was waiting 4! So it's just a waiting game!
    I think I put a sprig of luck into another candidate who applied for a different uni the other day when he was in the same situation as you, and he got an offer this week!!! :D So maybe the same will happen to you now!