1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel - Unit 3 Creative Writing

Discussion in 'English' started by BlueSky1, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Hopefully someone can help with this...
    It's my first year (for a fair few) when I am going back to teaching GCSE - which I'm quite excited about - and I have some questions on the spec I will be teaching.
    I've been told to start with Unit 3 and the Creative Writing task to the stimuli provided. That's fine and it's lovely to see that there is a sample scheme of work from which to start. However, I was wondering whether it is essential to stick to the 'category' you have chosen for the poetry collection? We've done Clashes and Collisions and I found the B20 riots film a little uninspiring.
    It's a year 11 class - for info.
    Thanks in advance ;)
    BlueSky

2. You can choose any task for the creative writing-you don't need to stick to the same 'category'.
    The link below will take you to the Edexcel English forum which confirms this:
    http://community.edexcel.com/english/f/12/t/4613.aspx
    Apologies if you already know this but ensure you choose the correct task titles for when you plan on submitting pupils' work in order for them to be valid- either June 2012 - May 2013 or June 2013 - May 2014.

3. Thanks, that's great, I will follow the link.
    Hmmm - I spoke to a colleague this morning who told me her group had already done the task and the stimulus was a series of pictures. I was sure it was a film. Hopefully the forum might answer..