1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel Unit 2 Section A justification guidance.....?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by hannahd2, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Hi there,
    I am currently working on the monologue/duologue section for Unit 2 Section A of the Edexcel Drama and Theatre Studies.
    Does anyone have a guidance sheet or resource for putting together the 500 word justification of their interpretation?
    Would really appreciate any resource! I have a scheme of work which covers this that might be of use in return....?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Hannah

2. Hi there,
    I am currently working on the monologue/duologue section for Unit 2 Section A of the Edexcel Drama and Theatre Studies.
    Does anyone have a guidance sheet or resource for putting together the 500 word justification of their interpretation?
    Would really appreciate any resource! I have a scheme of work which covers this that might be of use in return....?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Hannah

3. Hello theres a whole section of it in the Edexcel text book A2 - I have it typed out on word doc if you haven't got the book!

4. I have a couple of resources that I managed to 'concont' from various bits of information I have managed to pick up here and there (mainly by communicating with some examiners etc.) There are no official documents or examples and it is a bit of a grey area.
    We tend to split it into sections.
    The bulk of the context we get to annotate in the script. This includes things such as interpretation of the dialogue, movement, words, phrases and actions that put the piece into social, historical context etc. Themes and issues that are addressed. Then a short papragraph regarding one specific area of the process (e.g Working 'off book' for the first time)

I have the resources that explain this but not sure how to send them to you?

A. S Feetom (Wyke College)

5. We tried the annotating approach last year and didn't do particularly well! I'd love to see what you do though as I think that some of mine would still find annotating easier.

The advice I've been given is to make sure they thoroughly cover the areas of: rehearsal, intention and soc/cultural context, so I've created a resource for them to make notes on these three areas as they go. (A bit like I do with Unit 1.) My hope is that they will be able to use this as a basis for their writing. I definitely want them to be more secure on these this year as I think for some of ours last year, this caused them to drop into the lower grade boundary.

6. Anyone got any resources they could share for this or evidence of a high marked context from last year. It would really help! :)