1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel Unit 10 Community and Tradition - Magesterium how to make it interesting!!!

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by mlh504, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Hello!
    I am currently in my final placement for PGCE and am teaching the Magesterium to my year 11.
    It is the most dull topic even for me as a practicing Catholic. I have tried to make it interesting such as using ICT and video clips in the lessons with the IWB.
    Just stuck for ideas!
    Help!
    Thanks

2. I would look at how the concept of magesterium is used in popular vampire fiction - ask pupils to look for comparisons between the 2 communities and how authority is expressed. I would then go on to ask them to decide if they think this usage of the word is acceptable in fiction. (you could also look at Catholic responses to the film the Golden Compass)
    However, I'd check it with the HoD first as not all schools are happy with this type of discussion