1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel Spec B.

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by wire247, Feb 5, 2011.

1. wire247

wire247 New commenter

Just poped over from the science forum to ask for your help.
    Taking my science teacher hat off and putting my maths parent one on:
    Could you recomend any good websites my son could use to revise for his unit 1 resit in March? I've downloaded all the past papers from the old spec and matched them up to the new one, taking out the odd question here and there. Are there any online interactive resources you could recomend?

Thanks in advance.

2. wire247

wire247 New commenter

Just poped over from the science forum to ask for your help.
    Taking my science teacher hat off and putting my maths parent one on:
    Could you recomend any good websites my son could use to revise for his unit 1 resit in March? I've downloaded all the past papers from the old spec and matched them up to the new one, taking out the odd question here and there. Are there any online interactive resources you could recomend?

Thanks in advance.

3. googolplex

googolplex Occasional commenter

I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything substantial. The response to AO2/AO3 resources which one can purchase has been pretty poor, IMO - a real gap in the market... As mentioned in another thread, the publishing houses were quick to peddle their useless textbooks. As you imply, what is really required is a resource which specifically targets these new-style questions, rather than the same old nonsense with a few extra questions thrown in here and there. Edexcel's practice papers have been poor - just recycled old papers with a few extras. Once the syllabus has run for a year or so, there will be a better and growing stock of past papers - just in time for the Tories to change it all again... For now, we've just had to invest in commercial mock-ups from Churchill Maths and Zig Zag - these are fine but obviously not free....!!

4. weggster

weggster New commenter

The latest MathsWatch isn't bad, but I like the new CGP resources. For less than £10 you could buy both.