1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel Spanish Writing marks

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Manolos, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Manolos

Manolos New commenter

Did anyone have really really low writing marks?
    I am gutted for my students who worked so hard and have ended up with 2 or even 3 grades loweer than expected.
    is it worth appealing? asking for a remark
    Students who wrote imperfect subjunctives longer sentences ended up with 16 / 60 these are my top set students!!!

2. Manolos

Manolos New commenter

Did anyone have really really low writing marks?
    I am gutted for my students who worked so hard and have ended up with 2 or even 3 grades loweer than expected.
    is it worth appealing? asking for a remark
    Students who wrote imperfect subjunctives longer sentences ended up with 16 / 60 these are my top set students!!!

3. We did AQA but I am shocked at the writing grades. Students writing more than 500 words of lovely French, flawless gramatically with loads of complex structures getting a B. Don't understand why. Maybe we should all ask for re-marks to show them what we think.

4. Manolos

Manolos New commenter

I am shocked
    I have A* students with a D and when I look at their other exam marks for listening and reading they are all A*
    Makes no sense to me!!
    is it worth remarking & if so many teachers are upset will they take notice and action?

5. frenchy18

frenchy18 New commenter

I am looking through the breakdown on Results Plus and at the moment they majority are down at least one grade from what I thought they should be.

6. Manolos

Manolos New commenter

Mine are about 3 grades down and I am shocked and disappointed
    I went to the Edexcel trainning
    I have never had any of my previous coursework marked down so I know the marks I would have awareded them would have been more or less spot on

7. Mine too - e.g., D grade given to CA I'd judged to be A grade - surely we can't be that wrong?

8. Please have a look at the other thread on her regarding Edexcel marks. A lot being said and we need to do something about it.

9. Manolos

Manolos New commenter

My students lost at least 20 marks on their writing!

10. I have exactly the same problem! A student has all A* and used to live in Spain but got a D for his writing - it cannot be correct. My HOD is asking for them to be remarked