1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel Solo Performance Question!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by foxys_folk_faced, Apr 4, 2011.

1. foxys_folk_faced

foxys_folk_faced New commenter

For the performance can singers perform to a backing track or does it have to be a live piano accomp??

Also, when looking at the grade difficulty of the piece, can it be graded based on a musical theatre exam rather than just singing?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

2. Mrs Music

Mrs Music New commenter

Backing tracks are fine as far as I know - well, I've always entered at least one singer with a backing track, this year being no exception! A lot of our singers do Rock School exams and perform pieces from their syllabus.

Use the information on difficulty levels given in the spec to justify the difficulty level - I find them really clear and literally quote them in my comments on the submission form.

3. spanboy

spanboy Occasional commenter

Yes, this is fine

4. foxys_folk_faced

foxys_folk_faced New commenter

Thanks for this. Also, when marking the performances I have calculated everything to get the mark out of 40- how do you then calculate this into the mark out of 90 to work out their grade?