1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel RS GCSE Full course

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Skitashi, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Skitashi

Skitashi New commenter

September is round the corner....so Im just getting my head round teaching this. This is the first full course cohort doing Religion & Society for the 1st year then Religion & life in the 2nd. Concentrating on Christianity & Islam. Both exams will be taken in 2013.
    I just wanted to put out a plea for general tips and advice. Is there anything you would leave till later/ any important videos to watch. or additional textbooks to buy.
    (I have taught Short Course Religion & Society in the past and the Edexcel textbooks seem good as well as the resources on RESTUFF)
    Im sure it will be fine but if anyone has any gems to share I would be grateful!
    Many thanks
    Sx
    jezthebest@hotmail.com

2. Skitashi

Skitashi New commenter

September is round the corner....so Im just getting my head round teaching this. This is the first full course cohort doing Religion & Society for the 1st year then Religion & life in the 2nd. Concentrating on Christianity & Islam. Both exams will be taken in 2013.
    I just wanted to put out a plea for general tips and advice. Is there anything you would leave till later/ any important videos to watch. or additional textbooks to buy.
    (I have taught Short Course Religion & Society in the past and the Edexcel textbooks seem good as well as the resources on RESTUFF)
    Im sure it will be fine but if anyone has any gems to share I would be grateful!
    Many thanks
    Sx
    jezthebest@hotmail.com

3. Brummy Boy

Brummy Boy New commenter

Hi Skitashi

If you have a look on the TES resources for RE there is everything that you might need for both of those papers. I have uploaded power point for each unit, audio revision notes (ideal for a VLE), and concise revision booklets. If you do choose to use them then please rate the resources.

Look for Brummy Boy'. There is lots of good stuff under 'Phallen' aswell.

Hope this helps.

Chris

4. Brummy Boy,

People like you are so amazing. Well done.

(An Irish girl in Essex)x

5. Can't help with the rights and responsibility unit, as with only a short course group at the moment, we do religion and life. But if it's any help I have just uploaded a SOW on matters of life and death.
    If anyone has anything similar to share on any of the other religion and life units I would be very grateful to receive them - nmoore@arden.solihull.sch.uk :eek:)
    xx

6. Not sure whyI wrote rights and responsibilities - meant religion and society!! ....the year hasn't even started and im already going mad! eeek!