1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel OSCA

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Rapster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Failed again. I realise now that the only way to pass is guesswork and going against natural instincts for a valid qualification. Even phoned Edexcel to find out what the pass mark was and how close i was only to be told 'there is no pass mark - the senior standards verifiers decide whether you have passed or failed and they do not give out their marks'.

So we have an exam board setting a test with no pass mark, no appeals process, no clarity of decisions (questions which include 'which best describes' can only be described as subjective therefore invalid).
    I give up!

2. Sorry to hear that you didn't pass....
    I did manage to pass - but the number of hours it took in prep was huge.... I thought it was me being really dim tbh - but realised that the time beforehand and during, with the notes I made on where my answers differed etc seemed to help....but is not (IMO) a good use of my time!
    Are the commentaries up yet? Worth comparing these with yours?