1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel new GCSE MFL Speaking Booklet (from 2009)

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by quepasa, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone could upload a question booklet/post questions for the speaking exam (new post-2009 Edexcel spec) for the four topics: Media and Culture, Sport and Leisure, Travel and Tourism & Business, Work and Employment.
    Any language will do! [​IMG]
    I've scoured the internet and TES and only found old spec questions.
    Thanks!

2. Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone could upload a question booklet/post questions for the speaking exam (new post-2009 Edexcel spec) for the four topics: Media and Culture, Sport and Leisure, Travel and Tourism & Business, Work and Employment.
    Any language will do! [​IMG]
    I've scoured the internet and TES and only found old spec questions.
    Thanks!

3. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Not sure if this is what you mean, but Edexcel don't do 'conversation questions' anymore in the speaking exam, so you won't find any booklets for the new specification. As with the other boards speaking is now assessed by controlled assessment. Effectively, the teacher chooses the theme, chooses appropriate questions, conducts the test and marks the test. The exam boards moderate the speaking assessments.

4. Ah, that explains a lot, thanks! (I'm a student tutor trying to get
    my head around the new spec to help a GCSE pupil with speaking). So does the teacher choose the theme from one of the four above or is it/can it be a separate one?

5. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

6. There is a "vocabulary book" which contains key words http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/gcse09/mfl/french/Pages/default.aspx

7. Thank you both! That's helped a lot [​IMG]