1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel Music Tech - Explanation of Marks

Discussion in 'Music' started by simonamura, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Hello to everyone who has the displeasure of working with Edexcel on their AS/A2 Music Tech exam. I am finally at breaking point over this specification.
    What it boils down to is the lack of information regarding the marking of the coursework. We all know that a certain amount of subjectivity comes into the marking and that the mark scheme can be interpreted differently with each piece that is examined.
    What I need to know is, Is there any way to get an explanation from the examiner of how their marks were arrived at? Otherwise ResultsPlus just gives us a number for each piece of coursework and no explanation.
    I know there is an examiners report for the whole country, but that's no help is it.
    I hope I am not alone in feeling this frustration, any help would be appreciated.

2. Hello to everyone who has the displeasure of working with Edexcel on their AS/A2 Music Tech exam. I am finally at breaking point over this specification.
    What it boils down to is the lack of information regarding the marking of the coursework. We all know that a certain amount of subjectivity comes into the marking and that the mark scheme can be interpreted differently with each piece that is examined.
    What I need to know is, Is there any way to get an explanation from the examiner of how their marks were arrived at? Otherwise ResultsPlus just gives us a number for each piece of coursework and no explanation.
    I know there is an examiners report for the whole country, but that's no help is it.
    I hope I am not alone in feeling this frustration, any help would be appreciated.

3. I'm totally frustrated too. My marks this year were totally random, and we know what good will come of a re-mark. I'm thinking of sacking them, just too random.