1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel markers Unofficial TES Club

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by leviosa, May 9, 2007.

1. There's a couple on there where I actually disagree with the marks given, and in normal standardisation I would be able to discuss it with more than one person. As Edexcel are not going to recompense me for the extra paid on my phone bill by ringing my TL every 5 minutes, I am reluctant to do so - plus there are another 7 people in my group, some of whom need more help because they are new examiners. It would be rude of me to monopolise my TLs time because I have an issue with a couple of questions, when others need much more guidance.

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

this is a joke!

i have done pratice

scored the papers as i would

gave the same mark as the pratice thing said... for 2 of them...

the 3rd i was harsh on because i didt credit one word thats just thrown in there

comes to my over all review...says i only got on right!

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

as for ringing!

i only have a mobile phone!

will cost me a fortune!

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

has anyone done the qualification yet?

thats my next step but worried about doing it!

might just do it all, get it wrong twice then i dont have to keep this ********* about up!

5. You need to contact your TL before you start qualification marking.

6. I have worked through the practice items and was as concerned as everyone else about how it was going. I am now on the qualification items and all is going okay - I have passed all the sets that I have done so far. You don't need to get 100% agreement...

Good luck!

7. OMG. So annoying. Its taking ages to load up. How many questions do you do again? Does it become obvious when you start?

8. For the practice ones - yes, it is clear how many you do.

9. I am not enjoying this at all. I have had one where I gave the right answer, and the annotations about the questions said my mark was right but the true mark was different so it marked me wrong. Huh??!!

10. perhaps you should contact the PE then...

its no good going ahead not knowing what you are doing and ending up been stopped marking is it?

11. Sorry might sound a bit daft but are we marking on the live site as normal or as practice to get the annotated replies.

This online standardisation has thrown me a bit!

12. Go onto the live site and on the menu you need to go into 'practice' for each question. That's where the practice sets are. Don't worry about the confusion - I had to ask too!

:)

13. Checked my email now and am up to date on what is happening.

14. Thanks Venus! Much prefer standardisation in person as get to hear other people's opinions and discover the reasoning behind the mark scheme

15. Did not find the online qualification process too bad. Am onto the real thing now!

16. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

what % of correct marks do u need to pass qualification ?

17. Just call me the queen of 67%

18. I have quite a few rubrics to mark however cannot access them to practise....does anyone know why?

19. I'm joining Lev's 67% club! :)

20. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

rubrics only come on line when your marking for real

as you've already praticed them in the questions