1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel markers Unofficial TES Club

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by leviosa, May 9, 2007.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I keep getting 'Out of work, please refer to your supervisor', it's so frustrating!!

2. Do we know how much we are going to be paid for our extras. No one seems willing to answer my emails thry just ask me to keep on marking!! Is it 20p after task for each response extra? i am referring to the graduate answers.
    Have done 750 extra a and b graduate ones.
    thanks

3. I emailed the religious studies email address for the price of extras. It took them over a week to get back to me with an email full of empty words to the questions that I had asked but they did give me the prices. If you want a copy of this one (for 5561\62) just leave me your email address. As I have also done graduate items as well this year I'm still waiting for that part of the price list...

4. Sorry, just read your post properly - my list is for expert items, still waiting for the graduate list.

5. Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone has heard anything about when we will be paid for our contracted amount?

Cheers.

6. It is preety bad show that they are begging us to do this marking but won`t be upfront with prices/payment per response extraa!

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Another howler

A Hadith is a gifted person who can read the whole of the Quran without looking at it!!

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I'm getting a few which are the answers to Q6 but appearing as the answers to Q5, I'm sending them to review is this right?

9. Yep, that's right Lapin.

10. email the PE

If you ask - they tell

11. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Thanks E.M.

12. hi ya
    i was told first payment should be this week, then there is an internet payment then the extras payment!

13. Don't forget you will be taxed at 22% on your payments :-(

14. it'll still be worth it, pay for summer holz outings, i've marked for 2 exam boards this year so should get a decent amount.

15. Depends on your tax bracket - mine's getting taxed at 22%, which is bad enough!

16. mine will be 22% too.
    Did you get that job ?

17. Nah, 3 interviews, no luck so far. Going for number 4 this week.

After that, it's Tesco!

18. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

can I get staff discount if you do EM?

19. I'm sure you'll be kept busy with your other venture though.