1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel markers Unofficial TES Club

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by leviosa, May 9, 2007.

1. Standardisation will begin Sat night onwards, depending on when your TL gets back to you and gives you the guidance.

2. I heard a rumour that the people in London worked 13 hours today sorting out the exam!!

Standardisation will start after ePen is reset on Sunday morning!!

You should ring your team leaders with issues... probably best on Sunday! as they are in London!

I can answer a small number of simple but relevant questions - zookeeper_@ntlworld.com

3. is any one marking 4400 (maths)

the standardisation meeting is on saturday. AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON !

when do i start marking ?

4. Erm did you try the maths forum we're all marking RE ;-)

5. Are you not in London as well Zookeeper?

6. God this is so frustrating, i haven't got a clue what's happening. I've put on epen, been on the practice site and can just see a load of numbers, what should i be seeing?

7. What do you menaby a laod of numbers?

Have yuou bene on the live practice site - you should get a pull down box with numbers on it and then click on mark response and you should then get the actual questions up.

8. hi ya
    yeah i've managed to get that far now, how many of these do i mark then as i thought standardisation doesn't start until our team leader tells us?

9. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

just 4-5 of each vicx

just so u get an idea of what the kids are answering

be glad when this weekends over and i can finally start marking for £££

its all taking far to long and is far to confusing/unclear

10. Yeah it is, i much prefer marking when you have a meeting, papers in front of you and a mark scheme, this is too confusing for me!

11. So are they old RE answers then we are marking on the practice site?
    I'm pulling my hair out here.

12. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

no they are real answers from this year....what then have already scanned in...

what you are marking now is to give u some idea what the kids have put so when the SD takes place u should know what they are saying

13. So them ones get marked again? I think i bodged them up as i didn't have a clue what was happening and was clicking all of the shop.

14. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

yep the system gets wiped and we start again

15. phew!
    So when does standardisation start then?
    I've had enough already.

16. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

no idea! have to wait for your TL to get in touch!

17. Hopefully Sunday/Monday

18. I am marking paper 5565 re but not sure on paper name. I hope the proper papers! get put on on sunday as I am away from tuesday-saturday in munich - a belated 40 birthday pressie. Just want to do a shedload before I go as I was **** last year at organinsing myself - I decided to mark re for edexcel and eng lit for wjec as I had just finished a long term contract and my new fulltime post didn`t start til sept. Anyway I only had 1 day off and I was back working full time and had to mark 2 lots of papers. So I need to be organised. Although I am not marking eng lit again. The marking was ok but I had to annotoate all the way through and that was really time consuming. Happy half term folks

19. Hi

I have spent all morning trying to sort this out! (No time until today). I now have my papers and can log into all the sites. Could someone help me out with the two things I can't do?

1) locate the mark scheme (or any mark scheme for that matter)

2) work out which questions we're supposed to mark in the training bit

Thanks

Liz x

20. Mark scheme is on the edexcel associates site, in the your allocations section, under confidential documents.

In the training bit, just mark anything - it's just practice!