1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel letter about endorsement grade boundaries

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by paintpot, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Like all edexcel centres we received this letter last week - important part quoted below. I am trying to read between the lines. Some questions therefore: (I am pretty sure the art an design advisor for Edexcel reads this forum and seems like Edexcel have closed down posting on their forum!)

1. Is it likely to be harder to get As and A stars in Photography or is it other endorsements that show the disparity, the "gap in achievement" referred to eg Fine Art?

2. I didn't understand the statement about "advancing technology" below. for instance Graphic communication uses new technology in a big way but the statistics show that there are lower numbers of the higher grades in this endorsement. My experience is that moderators want "the drawing" that you'd expect from the more popular entries like fine art and unendorsed as well as all the graphics communication work in graphics.

2. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I think it's a fair enough observation that it's easier to make a piece of art that 'looks good', using new technologies (Photography/Photoshop/Film) than it is in other endorsements.

3. Do they? Where do you get this info from? From what I've seen the grade boundaries were the same for all endorsements?