1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel IGCSE French, German, Spanish

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mflmflmfl, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Dear All,
    Does anybody have any experience of Edexcel IGCSE? I am looking at it because Controlled Assessment on new GCSE is taking so much admin time. We are in the independent sector, so not barred from doing IGCSE like state schools seem to be. Specimen assessment materials seem more manageable than those for Cambridge version. Is the grading fair?
    Thanks for any insights.

2. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Hi,
    At our HMC meeting last week, that was discussed at great length. There was only one of us who does the Edexcel IGCSE and personally I'm holding fire until I see what sort of results they're getting, especially the lower end. But we were all very fed up with CA and thinking that IGCSE could provide the solution.

3. Hi Noemie,
    Thanks. Let me know if you find anything out from your HMC colleagues. If anything reaches me I'll try to post it here.

4. pamelabougeard

pamelabougeard New commenter

I would be interested to hear of other schools moving away from controlled assessments to IGCSE. After one yearof preparation for controlled assessment we are looking to swap ( poor preparation for A Level, unmanageable organisational and moderation demands on teachers....). I am favouring the Edexcel course at present but would like to hear others' views ( Spansih particularly).

5. We have decides to go for igcse execrel, we are using mira text book

6. We are doing Edexcel IGCSE and using Mira textbook