1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel IGCSE Business Studies 2017

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Rose66, May 24, 2017.

1. Rose66

Rose66 New commenter

I would welcome your thoughts on the exam this morning. We had some concerns at our centre.

2. tamsyn36

tamsyn36 New commenter

Is this the Edexcel domestic GCSE since the MCQ paper was on that day or is it International GCSE? What were your concerns?

3. Koolaly

Koolaly New commenter

I was absolutely furious with the iGCSE Business exam and wrote to the exam board to complain. The number of obscure topics and topics not on the syllabus was unreasonable and it seemed much harder then previous exams. I suspect either a new exam writer or a panic to put in all the topics they haven't covered. We have switched to the CIE exam.

4. tamsyn36

tamsyn36 New commenter

It was a terrible exam. The extract from the accounts - crazy! A coach firm owning 50 coaches having a capital employed of 18,000? I mean who writes this stuff - you would think a basic understanding of business should be a starting point. 'International' to Edexcel means a made up UK-based business with Asian sounding owners. Hopefully, the new course will be better.

5. tamsyn36

tamsyn36 New commenter

Then you look at the mark scheme. Question 2(b) ROCE in 2016 was 23% and ROCE in 2015 was 18% and they are calling it a 5% difference between the two. It is so poor, it enters the realm of embarassment. They cant even calculate % changes on the official mark scheme properly. I share your anger. Who allows this kind of incompetence?