1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EDEXCEL HELP NEEDED URGENTLY PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Music' started by welshlass, May 3, 2012.

1. welshlass

welshlass New commenter

I am an NQT working as HoD and have to submit the GCSE coursework. It is all marked and ready to go but I am totally confused about which forms to use and where to get them from. I have been on the Edexcel website but seem to only get PDFs that I can't write on. Is it simply a matter of hand-writing the forms or am I missing something??

2. welshlass

welshlass New commenter

I am an NQT working as HoD and have to submit the GCSE coursework. It is all marked and ready to go but I am totally confused about which forms to use and where to get them from. I have been on the Edexcel website but seem to only get PDFs that I can't write on. Is it simply a matter of hand-writing the forms or am I missing something??

3. cmf

cmf

Calm down, thats what we are here for. You can print them off and hand write them which might be easier for you or I can email you them in word.

4. welshlass

welshlass New commenter

Due to the fact that I have Doctors hand writting I would really appreciate them emailed if that's ok. Much appreciated.

hockingb@colfox.dorset.sch.uk

5. Just checking - have you had the optical marked form (Optems) on which you have to submit your actual marks? Not the same as the student work pro-formas. Should have come via your exams officer.

6. cmf

cmf

Sent, take your time and dont panic, any problems email me.All the best.

7. Don't forget that the board cannot penalize late submissions. When I was examining we sometimes received work as late as early June! As others have said, take your time and do a tidy job. I am reasonably near geographically if there is anything I can do. H

8. is everything going according to plan? edexcel don't make a word version of the forms available for some strange reason, i had to convert the pdf myself, & it was a pain in the butt, didn't format properly etc. let me know if you need any more help.

9. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

No, but you should make a note of such simplifications on the scores that you submit. As it says in the spec:
    Where changes have been made to facilitate performance, scores should be annotated.

10. Yes, Gassman has it again! I make notes such as - "Left hand simplified to block chords here" or "Ornaments have been omitted here". Don't need to re-write the actual notes. Keep in mind that if you have taken out certain features of the piece you need to check the criterior for whether it is simple, standard or more difficult. I've been cuaght out like this with one moderator who insisted that I down grade because of certain simplifications - which was actualy a fair point. I'd just thought "grade 4 - its more difficult".

11. Hi,

I was interested to hear that you'd made a word version of the Edexcel GCSE coursework forms because it's a real pain in the **** to not have the digital version which they used to do until the new spec. Could you possibly email them to me? I've filled my forms in by hand again this year, but I don't think the forms change from year to year so it could be useful for next year.

12. Sorry - forgot to add my email address: heather.harrison@northumberland.gov.uk