1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel grade boundaries for the Modular Exams - Does anyone have a clue???

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by hartless, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Having a great time cutting and pasting exam questions to get a Unit 3 Higher revision paper ready. The resources from EDEXCEL are useless for the HIgher Tier. Does anyone have a 'scooby' on the grade boundaries? I was thinking, (dangerous I know) A*-88% A-72% B-56% C-40% D-24% E-16% - If you have worked out the answer or found it in the depths of EDEXCEL then I would love to hear from you to ease my pain!!!

2. Having a great time cutting and pasting exam questions to get a Unit 3 Higher revision paper ready. The resources from EDEXCEL are useless for the HIgher Tier. Does anyone have a 'scooby' on the grade boundaries? I was thinking, (dangerous I know) A*-88% A-72% B-56% C-40% D-24% E-16% - If you have worked out the answer or found it in the depths of EDEXCEL then I would love to hear from you to ease my pain!!!

3. A couple of years ago you could get a C grade in higher tier with 14% and an A with 45%, so your boundaries look a bit pessimistic to me.

4. I got the following suggested grade boundaries off EDEXCEL for the specimen papers on their website. These suggestions come from chief examiner but are only suggestions

subject name subject code option max mark A* A B C D E F G
    Maths Unit 2 5542F 01 30 22 18 14 10 6
    Maths Unit 2 5542H 01 30 26 21 16 12 8 6
    Maths Unit 3 5543F 01 50 36 30 24 18 12
    Maths Unit 3 5543H 01 50 42 35 28 21 14 10

sorry the columns don't quite match up to view easily in a post hopefully not to difficult to work them out from here!

5. I am refering to the new 2 tier exam and i'm pessimistic because I've tried to account for the D grade element. Although I know that in previous years the linear course meant that you could get a C grade with 20% the A* grade usually requires about 80% and that is where I based my judgement.

6. Sorry??? Not sure if i have missed point of your post or not as i gave grade boundaries for the specimen two tier exams off the Edexcel website. for unit 3 higher tier you need to score 42/50 for an A*, 35/50 for an A, 28/50 for a B, 21/50 for a C, 14/50 for a D and 10/50 gets you an E

7. Thank you, sorry for having a 'dime bar' moment. How are you managing your revision sessions? I found that the edexcel website had loads of papers for Unit 2 but only a couple for unit 3, at Higher level (for some reason we started Unit 3 first and I'm now struggling to get enough exam practice papers together).