1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE Unit3

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by jorb, Jan 5, 2012.

1. jorb

jorb New commenter

I really am struggling to find a playscript for 4 to 5 females which might be suitable for GCSE. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received! I've looked through a few, but it's the first time that I've done this and I'm not sure what to use and/or how you're meant to adapt it for a short performance.

2. jorb

jorb New commenter

I really am struggling to find a playscript for 4 to 5 females which might be suitable for GCSE. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received! I've looked through a few, but it's the first time that I've done this and I'm not sure what to use and/or how you're meant to adapt it for a short performance.

3. corblimeyguvnor

corblimeyguvnor New commenter

Try:
    Shakers (John Godber)
    Be My Baby (Amanda Whittington)
    Find Me
    Hard To Swallow (Mark Wheeller)
    My Mother Said I Never Should (Charlotte Keatley)
    or the Ten GCSE Plays by Paul King (these are non-gender specific mostly)
    These have all worked well for me in the past.
    :)
    Beth

4. jorb

jorb New commenter

Thank you so much!

5. matthewcoe

matthewcoe New commenter

There is a New play on resources4drama.co.uk that is written for 6 females. You could take out one of the characters and it would be suitable for 5. It's called "Afterlife". If it's for the EDEXCEL piece it's been specifically written to meet that brief.

6. jorb

jorb New commenter

Thanks very much for that - I'll have a look.