1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE Unit 3 - 'Teechers' - advice please

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Lib43, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I have a group of 5 strong girls who are desperate to use 'Teechers' for their Unit 3 performance. They have shuffled parts around and it looks as if one of the girls will be Nixon throughout the performance. Is this allowed? Can a girl play a male role or do the group have to adapt it so that Nixon becames a female drama teacher?

2. I have a group of 5 strong girls who are desperate to use 'Teechers' for their Unit 3 performance. They have shuffled parts around and it looks as if one of the girls will be Nixon throughout the performance. Is this allowed? Can a girl play a male role or do the group have to adapt it so that Nixon becames a female drama teacher?

3. Cross-gender casting is fine.

4. Many thanks

5. I did Teechers a couple of years ago with Nixon played by the same learner all the way through and had all A's and B's - blinding year!
    Best of luck with it.

6. We have used 'Teechers' as our Unit 2 text, which was fantastic! I have 2 very strong girls, who played the male roles better than the majority of the boys in the class. They can show a lot more in regard to Multi-Role and characterisation by playing the male roles as their change in physicality and vocaisation is much more obvious.