1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE Textiles

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by maeveyknit, May 1, 2012.

1. Hi guys,
    I've been teaching the Edexcel course for a few months now and I am just about able to get my head around teaching the Controlled Assessment part of the course, but trying to teach revision without a text book is leaving me unsure of how much content to teach and from what point of view.
    I have been using the specification but I am a little uneasy about teaching students the content I know in case it is not the 'text book' answer. I learned how to do things slightly differently from how it is stated in the Heineman textbooks that my school has, but this only gives you so much info.
    I contacted Edexcel and there are no courses available; I am not sure how willing my school would be to put me on one as I am only a supply teacher. Has anyone been on a course and learned about teaching nanotechnology, smart materials etc?
    The resistant materials text has proved useful in helping with teaching sustainability but other than that I am using bits and pieces of a range of revision guides.

I am worried about teaching my A* students the wrong things and they miss out on the grade. :(
    Any suggested resources would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Hi guys,
    I've been teaching the Edexcel course for a few months now and I am just about able to get my head around teaching the Controlled Assessment part of the course, but trying to teach revision without a text book is leaving me unsure of how much content to teach and from what point of view.
    I have been using the specification but I am a little uneasy about teaching students the content I know in case it is not the 'text book' answer. I learned how to do things slightly differently from how it is stated in the Heineman textbooks that my school has, but this only gives you so much info.
    I contacted Edexcel and there are no courses available; I am not sure how willing my school would be to put me on one as I am only a supply teacher. Has anyone been on a course and learned about teaching nanotechnology, smart materials etc?
    The resistant materials text has proved useful in helping with teaching sustainability but other than that I am using bits and pieces of a range of revision guides.

I am worried about teaching my A* students the wrong things and they miss out on the grade. :(
    Any suggested resources would be greatly appreciated!!