1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE STATISTICS CD ROM needed

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Rebel_in_Black, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I've just finished my NQT and I'm teaching GCSE Statistics for the first time this year.It is also the first time it has been taught in our school so there are no text books or resources geared up for it. I have purchased several books on statistics including the Pearson/Edexcel statistics teachers guide (£100!) However, there is a CD rom which accompanies this book and that is a mighty £300 which I don't really want to pay and my school won't buy it. :( Does anyone have any ideas how I might get this cheaper..... Its not available on ebay or used on Amazon.

2. Molesworth2

Molesworth2 New commenter

Yeah, I know what you mean - I'd like a new pair of trainers and a flat screen TV. My mum won't pay for them and they're too expensive in the shops - if only there were another way to get them, eh?
    The Perason site currently advertises that if you spend over £200 online, you get a 15% discount - so there's £45 saved already. You should probably speak to one of their reps before trying to blag a bootleg copy from here.

3. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

You don't need the £300 CD. The £100 book and CD is more than enough to provide work for the students - we put all of the worksheets and tests on the VLE and then set them as homeworks.

The CD has Powerpoint presentations on that are shown in the £100 book, but you can easily make your own, or even scan the page in and project it on the screen (not that I'm saying that's legally OK!)

If anyone has any £1000s of software they'd like to donate to me, by the way, just send me a private message!

4. That's great, thanks. I like the VLE idea with the work sheets. I'll do just that.

5. So why did you send me a private message asking for a copy if I was offered one?

6. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

Ha ha, busted!