1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE Speaking 2019

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Luciasmith, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Luciasmith

Luciasmith New commenter

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me. I am one of two teachers of Spanish working in a school without a head of MFL. This year is the first time I am conducting speaking exams and I am terrified of making a mistake when it comes to the sequencing grids.
    The materials can be opened three working days before.
    - Does this mean that I as teacher can see the role play and picture cards before the actual assessments?
    - Do we also have access to the sequencing grids?

I didn't have a change to do the examinations last year so any clarification with this would be appreciated.

Gracias.

2. shamandalie

shamandalie New commenter

Hi Lucia,
    Yes, the sequencing grid is part of the materials, so you can see everything, prepare the cards, the follow up questions etc.
    I think they have simplified the grids this year so there shouldn't be any problem.

3. Luciasmith

Luciasmith New commenter

Thank you!
    I believe you can only see the materials 3 working days before the assessments start. Am I right?
    Thanks

4. pascuam49

pascuam49 New commenter

Hi Lucia, three days before the speaking test window starts for everyone, not just in your school. I think that's three days before April 1. Please check with Edexcel languages Expert. He's really helpful. I don't deliver Edexcel at the moment but one of the teachers in my department uses it for Japanese. There are also Facebook groups where I have seen teachers new to speaking tests request audios from experienced teachers. Some of the members are markers/moderators who can give you good advice too.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  5. shamandalie

It's 3 working days before the exam at your centre, according tot he FAQ.

6. maite4

maite4 New commenter

Hi Lucia,
    I am using AQA and the date to see the exam is the 1st of April.In the AQA paper, students must ask you a question in the conversation, related to either topics in their conversation. If they fail to do so, you must remind them, asking them in Spanish, tienes alguna pregunta? because otherwise they will lose one mark. In the conversation, they must as well talk at least for the minimum time in each conversation theme, otherwise they lose two marks.

7. shamandalie

I have to go back on what I said, Pearson have changed to 3 days before the window, so that makes it last Wednesday.

8. up869559

up869559 New commenter

IS there a sequencing grid for A level too? I didn’t see it in the pack.

9. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

Th ere is for aqa a Level.

10. shamandalie

It's at the begining of the Instructions for teachers-examiners booklet.