1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE & Shintoism

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by hendonboy, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hi, a querry for any Edexcel GCSE markers. I'm marking my Year 11 Mock GCSE papers and one student has answered the questions One Religion other than Christianity from a Shinto perspective as he is a pracrising Shinto.. If he were to answer that in this summers exams (Unit 1 & 8 - Religion & Life/Society from Christianity and 1 other religion) would it be credited or not. Many thanks

2. Hi, a querry for any Edexcel GCSE markers. I'm marking my Year 11 Mock GCSE papers and one student has answered the questions One Religion other than Christianity from a Shinto perspective as he is a pracrising Shinto.. If he were to answer that in this summers exams (Unit 1 & 8 - Religion & Life/Society from Christianity and 1 other religion) would it be credited or not. Many thanks

3. Yes, it would - but the examiner's mark scheme only covers the major 6 religions so it would probably be passed on to the Chief Examiner to be marked.

4. Thanks Lev for the prompt and helpful reply! Much appreciated!

5. No probs, not marked for the last couple of years but that was always the case in the past, can't see it being any different - after all Shinto is 'another religion than Christianity'